We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
They were rolling the mattress, we were about to return home. It was enough that they both turned away for a moment and I, hurried by some idiotic impulse, rushed into the water. It was not deep at all, but it was uneven to the bottom and the water was cloudy after a whole day. I only remember the fear that I am under water, I can only see the green color everywhere and I do not know where the top is and where the bottom is. I didn't even try to feel the bottom.
My dad pulled me out and out of the corner of his eye noticed me disappearing underwater.
You must never assume that your child will not do anything stupid. I was a quiet girl who could stick to books and dolls for hours and who listened to my parents almost always. I don't know what came to my mind at the time, but it is proof that you can't assume anything with children.
Your child may not be able to ride a bike, inline skates or on a scooter. He may not be able to play the piano or the guitar. May not have the ability to sing, cook and other activities, but do everything to learn to swim.
My daughter is eight years old and unsuccessfully tried to teach her to swim on the lake for three seasons. The fear was too strong - after this year's vacation I already know that for some children a swimming pool is more suitable for learning, which guarantees full visibility and a level bottom, and above all a known depth.
I decided to talk to a lifeguard friend about various types of gadgets, which were designed to teach swimming. As it often happens, it turns out that simple solutions are the best ... but more on that in a moment.
1. Inflatable circle - a gadget known for generations, currently available in a large range of sizes, colors, designs. You can get nystagmus from glitter, crazy colors, donuts, unicorns, etc., but is a wheel the best choice? Definitely not. First of all, the wheel gives the child a deceptive sense of security, while in the meantime it is easy to slide out from underneath. There are also cases of turning the wheel upside down by the wave or in play. As a result, the child lands with his head in the water and can not always get out quickly.
There are wheels for kids, which are a combination of a traditional wheel with a kind of rubber panties, i.e. a seat with holes for legs. If the parent is guarding the child, it is a useful gadget to tame a toddler with water, but on the other hand it allows immersion barely to the hips, and the rest of the child's body remains above the water, which can make it difficult to later learn how to immerse completely.
2. Inflatable sleeves - help in keeping the head above water and are much safer than the wheel, but they force a specific position of the hands and prevent the child from practicing swimming in the most popular styles such as dog or frog. Not only do they make it difficult to submerge the hands at the right angle, they also put more resistance in the water, making the child more tired.
3. Inflatables, mattresses and other inflatable toys - they are intended for people who are already able to swim and are used for rest or for fun. Some of them can be subversive, and from toys such as an inflatable shark, etc., it is easy to slide into the water. This is a very nice product if you want to make your child aware that it can be interesting and funny in the water, but it will not be useful for us in learning.
4. Styrofoam, plastic and inflatable boards - we are finally entering the area of recommended gadgets. Boards allow swimming both on the back and stomach. In addition, due to their small size, they force the child to move their legs to keep the whole body on the surface, so they are useful for strengthening the leg muscles, which are very important in further learning. A board properly placed under the belly gives support to the whole body and allows you to make the right movements with your arms and legs. It also gives the child a sense of security in learning, because some of these types of toys can be attached to the wrist and guaranteed that even if the child falls from them, they will not run far.
5. Foam pasta - our holiday HIT. It is light and flexible, so taking it with you anywhere is easy. It does not support the whole body, so it forces increased work of arms and legs. At the same time, it can be used for swimming on the stomach and on the back, and is best suited to practice dog or frog swimming, i.e. styles that are most comfortable for children at the beginning, because they do not require holding their breath and immersing the face in water.
To be honest, pasta has always seemed like an unnecessary gadget to me, and it's useless. However, I followed the advice of a specialist, and as a result, what I tried to do for three years did the same. Swimming with noodles turned out to be extremely simple and allows you to practice enough leg movements so that ... after two days of use, the daughter simply put it aside and continued to swim without help.
Whatever you choose and decide on any bathing beach, remember the most important - the children are drowning in silence. It's worth watching this video and remembering forever that accessories NEVER serve to let your child out of sight.